Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Spoonfull of Sugar

Sorry for the wait on this new post. It has been a pretty busy couple of days for us.

I left off on the note of Raquel's first appointment. Her appointment went really well besides the fact that her doctor was not a very pleasant person. I am starting to believe that she does not have any kids because if she did she would have probably worded things a little differently than she did. My daughter is not "fat", she is healthy. Maybe if we were feeding our girl cookies and ice cream and candy, but were not. My girl is exclusively breastfed. You should also probably not say to make sure I clean between her "rolls" rather than her creases. To some I may be overreacting on the simple fact that she misused a couple words. However, I don't think calling someone fat has ever been a nice thing to do. So to say that to my princess, to me, it was not very nice. And that is my baby, be nice to my baby.

Good news though, she will have our regular doctor for the rest of her visits, hopefully.

Watching my little girl get her shots was really hard for me. She was perfectly fine. Happy, smiling even. I lay her down on the table and she was just staring straight into my eyes. It was like this for what seemed like forever. I love when she looks into my eyes. She is truly my pride and joy. Her gaze was so beautiful and I couldn't help but to feel bad for what I knew was coming next. And just as I had thought, next thing I knew, her face was scrunched up, turning bright red, and she began to scream. I truly felt like I betrayed her. Yes I know that the shots are necessary and that they are for her own good, but at that moment in time that didn't matter. I wanted her happy. I wanted to see her smiling face again. To my amazement, not even ten seconds later, she stopped crying. My little girl is such a trooper. Wish I could say the same thing about her mom. Yeah, I was still crying as we walked out the door.

Raquel slept for mostly the rest of the day. Which is a normal side effect.

However, for the past couple days she has been pretty fussy and not eating much. Which after reading up on the shots, are also common side effects. I hope my princess starts to feel better soon because I really do not like to see her like this.

A couple days ago we drove down to the beach. Brandon and I walked the pier with Raquel, then headed down to the water, took off our shoes, and walked with the waves at our feet. It was really nice to get out and spend a day just hanging out with my little family. Not to mention the water was a pretty good temperature. I have never paid so close attention to all the different things kids do on the beach. I thought back to my childhood a little, but mostly I thought forward to when Raquel will be old enough to play at the beach. Will she be building sand castles, and motes to protect her castle from the torturous waves? Will she boogy board or body surf?

I know that time goes by so fast, and I would love to see my girl stay little forever. But I also am so curious as to who she is going to become. I'm curious of what her interests are going to be. What she will strive to become. I look forward to seeing her become a toddler, a child, preteen, teen, young adult and then finally an adult. I love my girl with all my heart and I know it is my job to prepare her for that world out there. However, that is not for a long long time and until then I am going to take in these moments and cherish them because I know that I cannot have these years back ever, but I will always have my daughter to share the memories with.
And for that I am forever grateful.

<3

I would also like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! To my beautiful friend, partner in crime and sister, Ashley <3 I love you girl and ant wait to see you again soon! This girl is one of my favorite people. She is funny, energetic and an all around caring person. You will always be my sister Ashley and my favorite person to talk to.

One more thing. 8 1/2 hours until my husbands birthday, so a happy early birthday to you as well! I love you!!

2 comments:

  1. my two precious angels.

    She's a tough cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Raquel's Mommy (AnnaMarie), I love you beautiful, I wish for you all the happiness and love life has to offer.

    Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete