Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beach Bum

 I would like to start this off by saying that our little man Koda has been absolutely amazing with our little girl since the day she came home. He was so curious of who this little person was. I'm positive by now he knows that she is his little sister. He knows that it is his job to protect, and how can i be so positive of this? She makes the slightest noise when hes around, a cough, sneeze, cry, anything and he is right there next to her sniffing or just staring. When she cries he goes into the room that she is in. Some people think dogs don't know. They're just animals. I say BS, Koda knows who his sister is just as he knows who his parents are. Our little man adores his sister.

Yesterday, Monday May 28th (Memorial Day), Brandon and I decided that a family beach trip was in order. We had a busy weekend and it was Brandon's day off. So we pack up some chicken salad (courtesy's of Abuelita Cecy), chips, fruit and some water all in our giant re-usable shopping bag. Get the kids (Raquel and Koda) ready for a day full of beach fun. We had towels, blankets, and a sun blocker for Raquel, got everyone in the car and we were off on our way to the dog beach. Our first family trip in our first family car. I have to admit, I was super excited. I probably looked like a little kid on her way to Disney Land. I was really most excited for Raquel's first trip to the beach, even though she obviously cannot get in the water yet.


Raquel did really well with the trip. She pretty much slept the whole way there (only 20 minutes). She has always done well in the car. Koda on the other hand, not much of a car dog.
He loves going places, don't get me wrong, just the car and Koda do not get along. He has always had a little problem with getting car sick. We made sure to cover the back seat with a blanket so he wouldn't get it dirty.

So of course, the entire ride, Koda is drooling all over the car and licking the seats. I look back because I start to smell something funky, just to find that he has puked on the back seat, that was expected. At least it was on the blanket. We show up to the beach, payed parking, and no cash. Strike one. I open the passenger door to check on Raquel and OH MY GOD, Koda puked ON Raquel. Her waist all the way down to her toes now looked like Koda's breakfast. I spent the next half hour stripping Raquel down and using the few wipes I had to wipe Koda's puke off of Raquel and her car seat. Strike two. On top of everything there was a car of ladies that pulled up behind us, and the ENTIRE time that I am handling puke, they are staring and smiling at me. I didn't realize I was doing something entertaining. Strike three.
So of course, I was livid. My dog had just puked on my daughter. My poor princess. She had no idea what happened and yet I felt so bad. However, even though I was furious, there was no way I could be mad at Koda. He got sick. What did I have to be mad about? It was hard to be mad at the fact that it happened, not be mad at Koda, and to not be mad at those crazy ladies who thought I was just so funny.
What was supposed to be a fun family beach trip. Turned into the trip from you know where.
Needless to say. We did not go to the beach that day.
But our princess did look super cute :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, is right, LOL. Poor Koda Bear :( , I love this picture of Raquel it is classic, even she was amused and entertained.

    God Bless my Koda Bear and Little Princess Raquel.

    I Love You ALL,
    Grandma Maryalice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raquels smile makes my heart smile.
    Love you bunches!
    Grandma Tasker

    ReplyDelete