Thursday, May 31, 2012

Soaking Up the Sun

Today, May 31st, was what I would call, a very productive day.
So what had happened was...... ha just kidding!
It all started out with Brandon and I waking up late for Koda's "special" appointment, of course, as always. My alarm didn't ring. When all else fails blame the alarm. My poor little Koda bear had a big surprise in store for him and he had no idea. So as always he wakes up happy, jumping around and doing what I would compare to the "potty dance". Which is unnecessary because Koda ALWAYS has to go potty. We get up, get ourselves and Raquel ready as fast as possible allowing us little to no time to get to his appointment, however somehow we still make it there on time. Okay 10 minutes late, but who's counting? We drop our little man off, the vet tries to sell us more stuff, and next thing we know we are leaving our little man to get "chopped".

While waiting for our boy to be ready to come home we decide to run some errands on base.. forcefully by Brandon's "people". However, worked out great because we FINALLY got our princess set up with an appointment for her 8 week check-up... at 11 weeks. Ha. Sometimes you just have to love it. So next week, Monday, Raquel will be getting her very first set of shots. My poor girl. I already know that I WILL cry that day. I do not look forward to seeing my little princess in pain. I am supposed to be the one to prevent pain to her in any way possible and instead I am setting her up for it. I know she will be okay but what can I say? I am my moms' daughter, and to anyone who knows my mom, you know what I mean. My mom and I are one in the same when it comes to our emotional side. Love you momma!

After about 5 hours we go to pick our big boy up from the vet. They said he did really well and explained to us what we would have to do for him for the next couple of weeks. The ride home was... different. Koda was no longer this hyperactive, 'in your face' dog. He was calm, tired, chill or in other words... drugged. It was definitely a strange sight. I road in the back with him so he wouldn't get car sick, which he does often as you already know. When we got home we had to put him in the 'cone of shame' (vets orders). HE HATES IT!! He was the saddest I have ever seen him and it broke my heart. My poor little man. I know he will feel better in a few days but for the time being my heart is broken for my boy.

NOW!
On a happy note....
RAQUEL WENT SWIMMING FOR THE FIRST TIME!!
My little princess was such a big girl in the pool today! The weather was perfect, the pool was warm, and we still had some chicken to grill. Should we go swimming?! All signs pointed to... YES! So we bought some baby sun lotion, got our little one all ready, and headed to the pool with our friends Katy and Chaz. Chaz grilled and Raquel, Brandon, Katy and I swam. Raquel seemed to be okay, just okay, with it which is all we could have asked for from her. She got to spend some time with mommy and some time with daddy which was a great treat for Brandon and I getting to spend that special moment with her. Now obviously we couldn't expect much from her on her first trip to this giant tub of water, this foreign object that surrounds her with this weird wet stuff and makes her diaper super heavy, and that is when mommy and daddy's job kicks in to know when enough is enough. Our little one had definitely had enough. That is okay though because then we got to enjoy our chicken and time with friends.

 


BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Thursday nights by the pier, there is a farmers market type set up where there is a lot of yummy, different kinds of food and all kinds of merchandise stands with a variety of fun things to look at. Raquel likes it because she gets ALL KINDS of attention. Who could pass up such a cute little face?!?! I could just be biased BUT she is the cutest dern thing I have ever seen in my life! If anything this farmers market is just a good excuse for a family night out on the town. Which is always enjoyed, and the time with my husband is much appreciated considering it is never promised. I love my little family more than words can express, but I will never stop trying. These awesome people are my life and I don't even care to wonder where I would be without them.

Daddy Picking Raquel's Nose- She doesn't like that very much.


Check out my friend Katy's blog. It's about a mixture of prepping for an apocalypse, and her everyday life. Somewhat of an inside view into the life of us military wives. :p She is good though, check it out!
www.prepperkat.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a busy day. How is koda doing today? Did you get chocolate covered strawberries at the market? Those are amazing!
    Please give Raquel a big kiss from me.
    Love,
    Grandma Tasker

    ReplyDelete