Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Princess Roxy


Raquel Emilyn was born 7lbs 1 oz, 18.5 inches long, and absolutely perfect. My husband and I were, and still are, newlyweds and she was the perfect addition to our family. Holding her for the first time and the look in my husbands eyes holding our baby girl are pictures that will be carved into my memory for the rest of my life. She has exceeded anything and everything I could have ever hoped for in my baby girl. She's not only beautiful, energetic, and an all around goofball, she's our best friend. Waking up to her smiling face and beautiful blue eyes staring at you, is more than enough to melt your heart over and over again.
I am creating this blog because our little princess has family that doesn't get to see her nearly as much as they would like to, from here in California ALL the way to the sunny state of Florida where her aunt whom she has yet to meet lives. (Don't worry Aunt Amanda, not too much longer). Raquel has gotten so lucky to have two families (big families) who care for her so much. Not everyone is blessed with that,  and yet somehow my husband and I got so lucky to have parents and extended family who enjoy her as much as we do, and bring those two families together and make them one.

I was talking to one of my cousins the other day who is pregnant with another beautiful addition to our family, and she asked me "what is it like being a mom?". I can sit here for hours and explain what I feel everyday, every second that I see my beautiful girls face. The emotions that rush through me knowing that we will get to see her grow up and all the milestones that we get to share with one another. I could explain it all in the deepest detail possible, but you will still only be taking in a small percentage of what it really is. Knowing that I couldn't explain it completely without talking her into next week I just said "She really is the best thing ever and I cannot wait for you to feel what I feel. Which I know you already have a sense of it. The second you found out about her I'm sure you emptied a place in your heart for her forever, but the feeling when you hold her and start noticing the slightest changes, a smile, a laugh, even a fart will be the highlight of your day".


Now I know that I will not be able to address everything that happens day to day. So if I miss anything and a question runs across your mind just comment and I will make sure to address it in a following blog. I want Raquel's family and friends to be able to know her life like we do, and be as big a part of it as we are. So please do not be afraid to ask a question. I love talking about our little princess so you are just giving me more to talk about. I will cover daily activities and her progress. I will also make sure to cover family trips, we do have one coming up here in a couple months to Michigan. (WOOHOO)

As of this very moment our little one is passed out next to me in her Disney pajamas, fed, clean and looking oh so peaceful :)
 

4 comments:

  1. She's really precious. I can't wait to hear more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna this is so awesome! I always enjoy the pictures you send me and/or post on facebook. I really look forward to your comments. If this first entry is any indication of what's to come I better stock up on kleenex. Your words bring back such fond memories. You have so much to look forward to. Thank you for your constant generosity in including us on this wonderful journey.
    Love you!
    Stella ( Raquels Michigan Grandma )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited that you are doing this!! Maybe this will prevent me from having to text you "i'm having Raquel withdrawls" as often...okay probably not but im sure it will help :)

    There is no doubt in my mind that you and Brandon are going to continue to be amazing parents!

    I look forward to reading about Raquel's adventures through life and the life lessons/experiences you obtain through parenthood!!

    I am counting down the days (no, i really am! 54!) until I get to meet my beautiful niece!

    I love you all <3

    Amanda (Raquel's Auntie in Florida)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Marie this is yet another beautiful thing you are doing for all of us to experience Princess Roxy's everyday life, Thank you so much. Just like everyone else, I enjoyed reading this first blog, smiles, tears, laughter and above all PRIDE in my own baby Girl, I love you Beautiful (with all my heart). I look forward to what the future brings with the shared adventures of our Precious Little One.

    You and Brandon are wonderful parents to our Beautiful Raquel.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Grandma Maryalice (The Cali Grandma)

    ReplyDelete